- Share this item on Facebook facebook
- Share this item via WhatsApp whatsapp
- Share this item on Twitter twitter
- Send this page to someone via email email
- Share this item on Pinterest pinterest
- Share this item on LinkedIn linkedin
- Share this item on Reddit reddit
- Copy article link Copy link
A group of 15 girls from Toronto's C.W. Jefferys Collegiate Institute will have a chance to meet former first lady Michelle Obama on Saturday thanks in part to the efforts of the leader of a special book club they belong to.
The private meeting comes just a few hours before they go to see Obama at a sold-out speaking engagement at the Scotiabank Arena entitled Becoming: An Intimate Evening With Michelle Obama.
“I wanted you guys to have the best experience ever,” Tanya Lee, founder of A Room of Your Own book club based at Toronto's Lillian H. Smith library, told the girls during a surprise phone call while they were still at school Friday afternoon.